“We must guard against a tendency of our human nature to be satisfied with things the way they are.”
— Kevin Ezell, NAMB President
James and Abi recently returned from the Southern Baptist Convention in Phoenix, Arizona where we heard the President of the North American Mission Board share his vision and passion for seeing more churches planted in North America. We were encouraged as we continue planting Renaissance here in Montreal and are so thankful for the North American Mission Board and the many partners who are joining us in this mission to see the Gospel take captive the hearts of our neighbors and our city.
We want to challenge you to continue joining us with BIG prayers as we are seeing the move of God in the lives of those attending Renaissance as we look towards September 17th, when we will relaunch into our community. Just as Kevin Ezell challenged, we are not satisfied with the way things are and know that there is more that God has for Renaissance and more lives that need the Gospel!
Because of your faithful giving, persistent prayers, and constant encouragement we continue to plant our lives here and watch as God moves mountains so that the Gospel is declared and Jesus is lifted high. We are thankful for each of you and your part in living life on mission!
- We welcomed James’ mom for a visit the first two weeks of June and loved having her with us as she served with the Ridgecrest team and stayed with the kids while James and Abi traveled to Arizona.
- James and Abi traveled to Arizona for the Southern Baptist Convention where we spent time with our sending church pastor and his wife (who happen to be some of our best friends) and connected with other pastors who were interested in hearing more about church planting in Montreal! It was a great (very hot!) time away for us.
- After returning from Arizona it has been non-stop teams! We are loving hosting teams from all over the U.S. who come to serve for a week and help Renaissance so selflessly. Thank you to each team member and church!
- We continue to meet and connect with new people everyday along with continuing to disciple and maintain relationships with those we already know. Please pray for their hearts to see and understand the truth!
- We helped about 10 different people move on Moving Day on July 1st. This is a way that we, as a church, help our community and make connections as we go. We rent a moving truck and provide free help as many people move on this day in Montreal. We had two teams from the States here to help and they were able to make great connections and pray over each person/family we helped.
- July will bring more teams! We love having teams here helping us continue to help our community and make new connections.
- We will travel to Missouri to visit family for some time, pray for the long road trip!
- Mya turns 7 at the end of this month, so it’s birthday month for our sweet middle child!